Marshall Medical Communications provides high-quality, timely, and affordable writing and editing services to help you communicate clearly and effectively.
I write compelling scientific manuscripts, funding applications, review articles, book chapters, abstracts, research highlights, and planning documents for new hospital programs. Rates vary depending on the scope of the project. Please contact me to discuss your needs.
Areas of expertise:
- Vascular biology
- Thermal injury
I do not differentiate between proofreading, substantive editing, or rewriting. All documents are revised to the same high standard. My rate for editing is $70 CAD per hour (approximately $0.07 per word).
All editing services include:
- Correction of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Clear, concise, and compelling writing style
- Formatting adjustments to comply with your target journal (including reference formatting)
- Word count reduction, as necessary
- Fast turnaround time — 2 to 5 days
I edit a wide variety of basic science and clinical documents, such as:
- Scientific manuscripts and abstracts
- Review articles
- Case reports
- Book chapters
- Funding applications (e.g., grants and fellowships)
- Posters and presentations
- Cover letters
- Responses to reviewers
- Ph.D. and M.Sc. theses
I run workshops for researchers and students in Toronto, Canada. The workshops are suitable for small or large groups. Content and duration of the workshop will be specifically tailored to your needs. Rates vary depending on the scope of the workshop. Please contact me to discuss your needs.
Topics covered may include:
- Structured communication
- Persuasive scientific and medical writing
- Editing: grammar, formatting, and reading like a reviewer to edit for content
- Polishing: assembling your data into polished, publication-quality figures that speak for themselves